http://www.jadedragonredphoenix.com/

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Insomniac Quilter

Here I am with the opportunity to get a great night's sleep and where am I ?  Sitting on the edge of the bath tub trying my best not to disturb the Sleeping Beauties in the next room.  I actually got to bed by 10:00 last night but I think I trained this old bod to exist on minimal sleep because by 2:30 this morning I was wide awake.  Oh well, like the rest of life, I'll adjust.

I think the bigger issue is whether folks can get adjusted to me, heh, heh.  I warned these guys that when they accepted so many of my class suggestions that I just might need a personal secretary to get me to the room on time.  Well-l-l-l, all I can say is, folks, you were warned.  Right off the bat, day one, I am in my booth when the head of the education department comes running into my booth and tells me that folks are waiting for me.  oops. Luckily that did not seem to affect the students creativity because they each made the most awesome chairs.  As soon as I can get to a computer to download the images off my cell phone, I will share.

Later that day, around 4- ish, I am happily waiting on one of our charming customers and she is telling me how excited she is to be part of my next class and aren't I concerned about being a bit late for the class?  I said I was pretty sure that I would have plenty of time to get there because it was not until 4:30 and all about how I had been late to my first class, and how I really needed to be conscientious about tardiness because of my first class and all, and how bad it would look if I were late to the next one, and about that time she proceeds to reach into her purse.  (How's that for a run-on sentence? Somebody, send this gal some periods!)  I, of course am thinking she is grabbing her wallet.  Instead out comes a handfull of bright orange class tickets and right on top is one for my class with the starting time glaring me in the face....4 friggin' o'clock.

Holy crappola! I grabbed my stuff and ran like crazy, in my stocking feet to the other end of the building.  At the end of the class, the lovely gal that I ran off and left standing in my booth, the one who was taking the class, came to me and asked sweetly, " Could you please finish signing my book?" I looked down and realized that I had started signing her book and had run off, mid word.  What a trooper!  Yes, Allie, there are definitely, nice folks left in this world.  Of course, I already knew that.  Just look at you sweeties who continue to read and support my efforts.  Sweetness abounds.....

No comments:

Post a Comment