http://www.jadedragonredphoenix.com/

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Quilter's Voice

Nah, you do not wanna hear my voice.  I might have already told this, but, when I was teaching a few years ago, one of my students asked if I could sing.  I told them that I could make a lot of money singing.  Their eyes lit up, anticipating me, breaking out in song.   I continued, "Yes, indeed.  Folks would throw tons of money at me on stage....bribing me to STOP, quickly, immediately, the sooner the better.......

However --Anyone watching "Voice?"  Waaaay cool. I am so addicted to these various talent-seeking shows.  I love "America's Got Talent," "X Factor," "Sing," well, all of them.  It is like winning the lottery for these guys, only better because they actually do something to increase their odds.  Not only are we entertained, we get to watch them grow, becoming more and more attached on a more personal level. Suckers...that is what we are, at least it is what I am.  Totally hooked, connecting to the individual-  selling records for these people even before the record is one note in.  You know what?  If that does make me a sucker, then start lickin' because I am the flavor of the day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment