http://www.jadedragonredphoenix.com/

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pooped Quilter

Whew. I got up at 6 this morning with the goal of, first, walking five miles and then, work in the flower bed. Sigh, I never did get to walk. I got busy in the flower bed and pooped out. I am trying to build a wall around an existing bed. Lots and lots of grass had grown into the flower area, so, first I had to deal with that issue. Then, lots of digging later, about a third of the wall is done. My daughter was helping or I would not have even gotten that much done. I took the hose and soaked my entire body. Remember, I live in Hades, a.k.a., Louisiana. I hate the weather here. It is hot, and hotter, twelve months out of the year.

If/when I get the project done, believe me, pictures will follow.

O.K., boys and girls. I need some help here. Shops are not responding as well as I hoped for my fabrics. Run, do not walk to your LQS, and tell them you are looking for this FABULOUS fabric called "I Dream in Color," and you cannot live without it. I will be forever indebted. I do not want to be a loser fabric designer.

Good news, I am now down to only needing $380 (thanks to the generosity of some BFF's) to meet my requirement for the Susan G Komen 3-Day walk. Remember, I am preparing for the 60 Mile Walk for Susan G Komen. If you get tired of hearing me talk about it, just get me to my donation goal, quickly, and all I will do after that is give you an occasional "HEAD'S UP." . We will not be allowed to walk unless we raise the funds. So, again, please, if you can find it in your hearts to help out, please copy and paste this address http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/Events/General?fr_id=1430&pg=pfind into your search engine. Click on "make a donation," then, "find a participant," and then type in "Dianne Springer." A lot or a little, it all ads up. I will be reminding you until we reach our goal. Thanks, in advance for your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment