http://www.jadedragonredphoenix.com/

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Missing Quilter


Nah, I am not really missing. I am just missing the mark when it comes to writing on my blog. The last time I wrote, I mentioned that we, meaning my daughter, Brandy, and I, were leaving early, early in the a.m. for the Dallas Quilt Show. Well, to begin with, we did not go to bed at all on Wednesday night. We worked all night and finally drove out of the driveway around 6:30 in the morning. The intention of stopping by her house on the way turned out to be a bad idea since we were already departing an hour later than we had envisioned, so we continued straight to the Big State. Everything went pretty smoothly as we drove into Dallas. That might be the problem....everything went pretty, um, pretty, um....smoooothly? Those must be words straight out of the "Never-and-I-Mean-Never-Say-or-Even-THINK" book. You guessed it. For some reason, speeding down I-35, I (Finally??) glanced down at the gas gauge. HOLY COW, we need gas!! Brandy said, "Don't worry, Mom, I have several miles of reserve when my gauge says empty."

"Honey, we are so far past reserve, past empty, past the light, we are talking fumes!!! Hit the GPS, hit FUEL. Oops, we are not in the proper lane, for the gas exit....quick, take the next exit....nada....no gas stations in sight...Right in the middle of downtown Dallas, we ran completely out of gas. I hopped out of the car to let folks in line behind me know that we were not going, anywhere. What luck! The guy immediately behind us? a policeman. He was very helpful, called for someone to bring gas, and stayed with us until that help arrived. He also said, "You know, you have me worried. As I got to work, the light on my car came on. The first thing I am going to do when I get off work is go to the gas station." See what a helpful person I am???? I very likely kept that policeman from running out of gas. I am here to serve.....

P.S. See the pretty picture? What on earth is she doing?????

5 comments:

  1. She's suckin' on crawfish heads! Glad you're home safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. . is approximately 210,000 every year. There are various organizations and helplines that provide advice and support to missing people as well as their familie missing children

    ReplyDelete
  3. This article reveals some simple ways anyone can harness the power of Internet search engines to trace missing persons online. The article is aimed at private individuals, and also at professional private investigators. missing persons investigation agency

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are working a missing person case it's important not to over look cell phone forensics and deleted data recovery. This is especially important if the phone is an iPhone due to the location tracking feature available on that device. asset locator services

    ReplyDelete
  5. To sell a house with no equity, you have many options to consider. Many of today's homeowners bought their house at or near the height of the housing boom and are now left with loan balances that are 90% or more of the current market value. Homeowners with no equity have multiple options, each with pros and cons. There is one secret way to sell your no equity house that will still put a little cash in your pocket. We Buy Houses Pittsburgh

    ReplyDelete