http://www.jadedragonredphoenix.com/

Saturday, September 12, 2009

This is always a day tinged with sadness and reflection. It will be that way for many years to come.

Luckily for me, it turned into a lovely day. Not only did we get some much needed rain, but my friend, Jan, invited me to go with her to Monroe to have a birthday lunch for MOI. It is not actually my birthday until Monday, the 14th, but it definitely does not hurt my feelings any to start the celebration early. At this age it helps to stretch out the good parts for as long as possible. My son, Chris, is driving in from Houston for a late celebration of his birthday, and an early celebration of mine. From the beginning I have considered him my own personal birthday present. He was "unwrapped" just 6 days before my birthday and is very likely the only time my husband gave me my present early. Doll that my husband is, he usually does his shopping and giving at the last second. To think that little gift just grew and turned into this wonderful young man. Some gifts are hard to top.

No comments:

Post a Comment