http://www.jadedragonredphoenix.com/

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Surprised Quilter

We arrived safe and sound here in Jefferson, Texas.  Of course that was only after arriving late, even by our standards....three hours to unload and set up, gulp.  Naturally, I had to potty.  There I am sitting.  Oh look, the lecture schedule is taped to the wall of the stall.  Reading material for those who like acomplishing two things at once. Hmmmmm.  Let's see.  Lectures: 11:30, Dianne Springer, "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend."  Good to know the time I am scheduled to speak.....

I wonder who else is speaking.  Oh, there I am, again.  I did not realize that I was scheduled to talk about "diamonds" twice.  No prob..... um, wait, it is a different topic!!!  It is my lecture on Ikats.  Holy Cow.  I do not even remember agreeing to do that.  Jeez Pete's what am I going to do?  What else can one do but call 911.  You got it, TOM.  Bless that angel-of-a-man's heart.  He drove from Arkansas, to Ruston, picked up the materials, and then drove to Shreveport to meet us, AND paid for a lovely dinner.  How lucky can one person be?

Listen, my definition of lucky definitely includes loving what one does each day and includes having someone in their life who loves them warts and all.   Well, I do love what I do.  My warts are the size of Mt. Everest, and amazingly, there is someone who loves me in spite of that.   So, color me extremely lucky....just please don't use Beige, heh heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment