http://www.jadedragonredphoenix.com/

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Quilter Waits Until the Last Possible Moment

That is a shock, isn't it?  I mean, my waiting until the last possible moment to do something...Yeah, right.  This project has been hanging over my head for months.  Of course, I am leaving in the morning for Houston and this rug is going with me so for the last two nights I have stayed up until 4:30 and 6:30 in the morning trying to make up for not working on it for all of those many months.  I finally got the first coat of varnish on it this morning and am crossing my fingers that I can get it done soon enough to avoid having to hang it out the car window to finish drying, especially taking into consideration the size of this baby (10' x 7').  I think that is called a sail.

5 comments:

  1. I've been waiting to see this rug. Beautiful. Houston will love it! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! It's beautiful!! I love the black and white contrasted with the flowers. Congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooh...this one is so different from the first one I saw. There may be a black/white one in my future rather than the bright one. Now you've really made it tough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just found your blog today and am so glad i did. you are a hoot. is this really a rug? how do you do this? i gotta have one!!!!

    ReplyDelete