http://www.jadedragonredphoenix.com/

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Quilter Waits Until the Last Possible Moment

That is a shock, isn't it?  I mean, my waiting until the last possible moment to do something...Yeah, right.  This project has been hanging over my head for months.  Of course, I am leaving in the morning for Houston and this rug is going with me so for the last two nights I have stayed up until 4:30 and 6:30 in the morning trying to make up for not working on it for all of those many months.  I finally got the first coat of varnish on it this morning and am crossing my fingers that I can get it done soon enough to avoid having to hang it out the car window to finish drying, especially taking into consideration the size of this baby (10' x 7').  I think that is called a sail.

5 comments:

  1. I've been waiting to see this rug. Beautiful. Houston will love it! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! It's beautiful!! I love the black and white contrasted with the flowers. Congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yea! The black and white is great! Love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooh...this one is so different from the first one I saw. There may be a black/white one in my future rather than the bright one. Now you've really made it tough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just found your blog today and am so glad i did. you are a hoot. is this really a rug? how do you do this? i gotta have one!!!!

    ReplyDelete