http://www.jadedragonredphoenix.com/

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Big Fat Quilter's HELLO

We have been very busy gals.  On Tuesday I was invited to fill in for another gal who was supposed to give a talk for a guild in Texas.   The Talk was scheduled for Thursday!  REGROUP. Stop the wagons.  Unload the trailer.  Pack everything in the car.  Get two hours of sleep.  Drive to Shreveport, eat incredible blueberry pancakes at Cracker Barrel.  Drive the remaining hour to the meeting.  What a charming group of quilters, and, they were classy enough to even take us to lunch.  Not one other group has ever done that.  In the process, I found out that they had already thought about inviting me to give a talk but decided that I would not be willing to come.  I told Tom that I wondered if they thought that I was too big for my britches.  Dang, I definitely gotta lose weight if they can tell that from waaay over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment