http://www.jadedragonredphoenix.com/

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Designing Woman - aka, "A Quilter"

Geez.  I have been designing fabrics like I actually had a real job doing that.  No, wait, if it was a regular job, I would get some time off, wouldn't I?  I mean, I slept exactly one hour in the last 44 hours.  At least if I were going to that fictional job, the doors would close at five and then I would be kicked out and told to "Go home, now.  We will see you in the morning."

 My mornings usually start with, "OK, today I am going to .....well, before I get started on that, I think I will just go look at what I was working on last night.  Hmmm, if I just tweak this part, that should not take long......" and voila, hours, and hours, and hours later, I am still sitting at the computer.  Grrreat.  Another addiction.  The problem is, I love my addictions.  It is not like I am biting my fingernails, or drinking, or gambling.   My addictions?  Sewing, knitting, lampworking, painting, creating fabric designs, quilting, yada yada yada....Eating/drinking, sleeping, peeing--are just not on that list.  It does work pretty well since I found that if I do not eat or drink, I do not need to pee, anyway.  And, if I do not sleep, I get more time for my addictions. 

There is just one teensy weensy issue that I have trouble resolving between what I do and that "real job" thingie, I would actually get a paycheck at the end of the week.  I think that the luckiest folks in the world are the ones whose actually get paid for their addictions. Maybe some day????????????

How about another fabric design?

Keeps Me in Stitches

No comments:

Post a Comment