http://www.jadedragonredphoenix.com/

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Mardi Grab




Mardi Gras in a Tree
Our trip to New Orleans was great.  We had incredible food, surprise, surprise.  We ate at the Bon Ton Cafe, at Antoine's, PreJean's, Cafe Mes Amis, and August.  I gained three pounds....sigh.  Why is is so much easier to find pounds than it is to lose them?  I mean, I lose everything else.  Remember, I am on cell phone #8 in two years....Perhaps if I draw a picture of a phone on my hips?

The Ravens and the 49 ers were in town, ready for the Superbowl.  Raven fans were delighted with all of the Purple.  It almost looked like home to them.  Check out the Mardi Gras Tree.  This is something new to me and is quite delightful to see with the sun shining on the beads.  

We actually went down to New Orleans to join friends we made while in grad school lo' these many years ago.  I was amazed at how old those folks looked.  Oh, wait, that is I in those pictures.  I knew there was a reason I hated cameras...

No comments:

Post a Comment