http://www.jadedragonredphoenix.com/

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Good Times for this Quilter

One might not think that beginning your Saturday with a memorial service would be a good thing.  However, the service was really nice.  It had an overall military theme with a male quartet singing patriotic songs, the flowers were red, white, and blue, and the eulogy honored not only on the deceased's exemplary military career, but honored those who served in the military during WWII, in general.  It so reminded me of my father.  That is definitely a good thing.

Afterwards, we were invited to the family's home where we enjoyed gumbo, red beans and rice, and cheesecake.  But, more importantly, we enjoyed getting to talk to friends and neighbors that we seldom get to see.  Again, good times.

Next, we headed to Shreveport for shopping (need I say more???? heh heh), dinner, and finally, we went to the opera.  This was my gift to Brandy for Valentines.  Watching her, watching the opera, was my gift to myself....the best of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment