http://www.jadedragonredphoenix.com/

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

So You Think You Can Quilt?

O.K, O.K., this Thread has nothing to do with quilting.  I had just been watching the series, So You Think You Can Dance, and thought that I would be "cute."  Whatever.  As I mentioned in an earlier Thread, I am totally hooked.  Truth be known, I have become a fan of several of these shows, such as X Factor, America's Got Talent, Sing, etc. etc etc.   Without having to buy a ticket or leave home, one can be entertained with incredible singing, dancing, comedy, and creativity....well, some of these participants do not meet the "incredible" criterion in a positive way.  I figure some of those guys got on the show by being part of a bet -- bet you won't dress up in women's clothing and make a complete fool of yourself on national television, kind of bet.  Those folks not only should have won the bet, they should have been given a HUGE incentive because they are so-o-o-o bad to the point of not even being funny, just gross.

I was discussing these shows last night with a group of women and one of the women said, "I don't watch reality shows."  Hmm.  To me, that is the equivalent of saying, "I don't like vegetables."  How can anyone make such a generalized statement?!  So you don't like carrots, does that mean you don't like asparagus?  or potatoes?  Like they taste even remotely the same?  Or, I don't like seafood---yeah, an oyster is similar to salmon.  NOT.  My immediate thought, "Not all the lights are on in her attic....."

So, I am now climbing off my bandwagon, at least for the moment.  Have an awesome day!  I am heading out for my practice walking for The Walk.  Keep those donations coming, boys and girls, you will feel so good about yourselves, and that's the truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment