http://www.jadedragonredphoenix.com/

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Finally Quilting

Portion of the latest Ikat quilt top
I am at least at the piecing stage, finally.  Brandy is sitting here cutting out fat quarters from the most incredible fabrics, my Ikats that I bought while visiting Bali.  So, I did what I usually do.  I stopped working on the "necessary" (a.k.a., The List) and made a new quilt top from those Ikats.  I used one of the delightful "Turning Twenty" quilt patterns--often more fun, and definitely quicker, than sitting down and creating totally from scratch.  After all, isn't that the reason we buy patterns in the first place? We want to avoid the decision-making as much as possible, the "oops, I shoulda....(fill in the rest)," the calculations, etc etc.  We are left with the most fun part, making the quit top, period.  The addiction is fed.  I am in big troube, now.   No, I did not accidenty mispe that word.  I am just avoiding L's of any kind.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment