http://www.jadedragonredphoenix.com/

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Quilting in a Rush


Seems like everything I do these days is in a rush. I even rush to sleep. I seem to need deadlines to get stuff out the door. Problem is, I have too many deadlines at this point in my life. I have even stopped answering the home phone. Breathe, Dianne, Breathe.

Oh, I got that image of my friend, Joan. This was taken standing on a ledge in Monument State Park in Grand Junction, Colorado. After an entire lifetime spent in Nebraska, she and her husband moved to Colorado and built a house with her sister and brother-in-law. Children of the 60's. The house is so cool. There is a common area, the kitchen, entry, living room and guest room. Then, each couple has their own private area off of that. Joan is a fabulous painter and her husband is a retired Veterinarian, turned sculptor. You can only imagine how delightful their home is. I could move there, that is for sure.

My husband and I are in a dilemma right now, trying to decide if we want to spend our retirement (?????) years where we are, now, or, move to a cooler, more agreeable place. Louisiana is hot as Hades in the summer. I do not need to wait until I die to see if I am going to Hell, or not -- I already live there.

Oh, speaking of Hellish things, I have started my practice walking for the Susan G. Komen 60 Mile, 3-Day Walk for the Cure. For the last three years I made quilts and raffled them off to raise our required ($2,300 each) amount. My daughter, Brandy and I, sat in front of various Wal-Marts and sold tickets. Well, there is a new policy this year. We must have at least five people to constitute a "group" fund-raiser. Count us. TWO. So, it looks like this will be our last year to participate in the walk. As of right now, we are short $575 dollars. We will not be allowed to walk unless we raise the funds. So, please, if you can find it in your hearts to help out, please copy and paste this address http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/Events/General?fr_id=1430&pg=pfind into your search engine. Click on "make a donation," then, "find a participant," and then type in "Dianne Springer." A lot or a little, it all ads up. I will be reminding you until we reach our goal. Thanks, in advance for your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment