http://www.jadedragonredphoenix.com/

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Our Own Road to California

We are now in Palm Springs, CA. Tomorrow we head to my cousin Chris' home where we will help her clean out her brother, Jon's home. Jon was my other cousin who died suddenly a couple of months ago. Chris, by the way, is the original reason I started walking for Breast Cancer since she was diagnosed while still in her thirties. She was given less than a 3% chance of survival. Happily, she is still with us eight years later. However, her immune system was pretty much destroyed by the treatments and so her health is always fragile. Because of that she cannot do a lot at one time. So, while it breaks my heart that we will be doing this task, I am thrilled to be able to help. From this point on, hopefully, I will get back to including pictures. It is so much more fun for me to add pictures.

I also would like to add that along with dear Gina (from Splinters and Threads) and her sweet husband, Michael, is another charmer traveling with us, Victoria. She is Gina's niece, and quite a character, especially for a 13 year old traveling with four adults. She is definitely holding her own and adding to our fun. Too bad she will not be joining us for the return trip as she is joining her dad for the summer. Teens like she, restores my faith in the future generation. You go, Victoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment